Good Afternoon Treasures!
I visited a friend this weekend and did not knowing she was sick until I got there. She was conscientiously careful but we all know sneezes and such travel quickly and great distances.
During my ride home I began feeling a bit of discomfort in my throat, my sinuses became uncooperative and I began coughing. Surely I don’t have time to be sick so when I got home I decided to head off the pesky germs. Below is a great recipe for deterring cold/flu germs and bacteria.
2 TBSP Nettles
2 TBSP Elderberries
2 TBSP Red Clover
1 TBSP Slipper Elm Bark
1 TBSP Astragalus Root
I added three tablespoons of this blend to my 16 oz tea press along with
2 Fresh Garlic Cloves
11/2 inches Fresh Ginger Root
I let the mixture steep for about 20 minutes. Before pouring into my cup I added a teaspoon of raw honey. I drank the first cup and felt a bit better; an hour later I drank the remaining tea and within 15 minutes I was good as new.
I also decided to go to bed a reasonable time (10pm) just to give my body extra love. I awakened without a hint of illness the next morning and was able to get so much done. I am truly grateful for the wonderful herbs Mother Earth provides for us to stay happy and healthy.
Best wishes to you and your family during this Holiday Season. May you be blessed with a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year.
Love, Peace & Blessings…
Good Morning and Happy YOU ARE Worthy Wednesday!
A peaceful being makes the very best choices to ensure personal peace and contentment. If you just slow down a bit and breathe…clarity will become yours; better decisions, no more settling for whatever or whoever. Pamper and nurture yourself; there is no acceptable excuse for neglecting yourself.
Here are some simple ways to be good to yourself…
Quick Sunrise Meditation
- Find a quiet space and sit in a comfortable position, making sure your back is straight but your body is completely relaxed.
- Softly close your eyes and listen to the silence.
- Inhale deeply through your nose and hold for four (4) seconds. Exhale through your mouth pushing out any negative thoughts/feelings.
- Repeat inhale and exhale at least seven (7) times.
- When you’re done, sit quietly for a while and allow thoughts to come and go without focusing on them.
- When you feel completely relaxed open your eyes slowly, stand up when ready and give yourself a good stretch.
- Last inhale and exhale…you should feel peaceful and ready to begin your day with a beautiful state of mind.
Tips to help you maintain peacefulness throughout your day:
- Classical, Jazz and Eastern Sun music foster a relaxed yet productive state of mind.
- Stay hydrated with water and/or non-caffeinated herbal teas; natural, loose green tea or African Red Rooibos tea are great substitutes for coffee. If at any point you feel agitated a cup of natural, loose chamomile or lavender tea will soothe your nerves.
- Take breaks often and remember to breathe deeply so you can keep calm and also keep your energy flowing.
- Most Important Tip: Be kind to yourself; no one is perfect so stop holding yourself to unreasonable standards and simply just be!
Relax & Release Before Bed
- Clean out your bathtub and run a nice hot bath.
- When the bathtub is about half way filled add 1 ½ Cups of Sea Salt
- Once the bathtub is filled add 18 Drops of Lavender Essential Oil (every household should have this and you can get it from your local health food store. Lavender Essential Oil is a great relaxant, soothing for burns, bug bites, skin rashes and many other things and it has a heavenly aroma.)
- Light a candle, turn off the light, close the door and slip into your aromatic bath. Close your eyes and inhale the aroma of the Lavender Essential Oil. Allow yourself to relax and release all thoughts.
- What a beautiful way to say…I love you!
Wishing you Love, Peace & Blessings…